Fun Salad Hot Air Balloon
This was so much fun to make. It was really easy, just a question of chopping the ingredients (which you have to do anyway) and then placing them inside the balloon shape.
– I used cottage cheese (cream cheese/ricotta or a mash would also work)
– Carrots, red & yellow capsicum (bell pepper), celery, radish, cucumber, red cabbage for the balloon. Use anything you have available!
– Mushroom for the basket
– Cottage cheese for the clouds
1. I smeared cottage cheese in the shape of the balloon. This makes the veggies stay in place and gives you a shape to work to.
I made an outline from carrot cut into circles.
2. Then added layers of red capsicum, celery and began one of yellow capsicum.
3. I finished the yellow …
4. Before adding some radish.
5. Then some cucumber sliced into semi-circles.
6. And filled the centre with red cabbage.
7. I used strips of the red cabbage to make the wires attaching the balloon to the mushroom basket.
8. Before adding some cottage cheese fluffy clouds for it to float through.
Perfect rainbow food for any occasion …..
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small