Cherries are in season – yeah!! They have got to be one of the most decadent treats available. So delicious and yet can transform easily into fun food Cherry Mice.
– Cherries (with stalks)
– Almond flakes
– Sunflower seeds
– Pineapple (or cheese)
– Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1. Slice the bottom off the cherry and place on a plate.
2. Make two slits in the cherry and add almond flakes for ears.
3. Then cut three more slits to insert half sunflower seeds for eyes and nose.
4. Bring to life as many mice as you’d like.
5. Then add a wedge of pineapple with holes cut into it for cheese.
6. Roughly chop some pepitas and sprinkle on the plate.
7. Finished. Eeek!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small