Frog in Swamp
I love the bold flavours in a pesto and so I make different versions dependent on the season. The dark green makes a lovely swamp for my fun food frog and he tastes great dipped in it too!
– Pesto (or any green dip/veggie)
– Daikon/Chinese radish -I used this for the lily pad (lettuce leaf would be perfect too)
1. Smear the pesto around the outside of the plate.
2. Add the daikon lily pad.
3. Cut a thick section of cucumber and slice slots in the top for the eyes to fit into and little holes in the front for the arms.
4. Use carrot sliced in discs for the eyes.
5. Give him pupils with the dark skin of the cucumber cut into circles.
6. Add some thin celery batons for arms.
7. And finish with some thicker celery batons bent at the centre for legs. These can just rest against the side of the body.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small