Cauliflower Christmas Tree
As we’re well into Dec I feel that Christmas season designs are legitimate and welcomed! I love taking classic images and crafting them from healthy food and what says Christmas more than a tree?
Here is my simple, hearty, healthy fun food tree. Feel free to use your own decorations!
– Mashed potato for the structure (I don’t like non-edible things or wooden sticks etc. in my designs unless absolutely necessary)
– Steamed cauliflower
– For the decorations I used cherry tomatoes, red cabbage, baby spinach, corn, peas and red capsicum (bell pepper).
– I used rectangles of cheese for the presents
1. I made a pile of mashed potato that would be the inner structure of the tree.
2. Then covered with florets of cauliflower.
3. I started with cherry tomato “baubles” and strips of red cabbage “tinsel” but anything you have in the fridge will do.
4. I kept adding different veggies to give more colour and shapes, just like a regular tree when decorated by the children!
First spinach leaves.
5. Then peas, corn and red capsicum (bell pepper) cut into squares.
6. Then to finish a capsicum star on the top (held in place by mash glue).
And some presents cut from cheese with different coloured ribbons cut from the veggies.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small