I was having a conversation about something being impossible and the “flying pigs” concept got stuck in my head!!
I made these cute, fun food pigs using a cookie cutter. The dye is roasted beetroot juice which gives a great colour without imparting any real flavour.
– Mashed potato (any mashed veg would do). I dyed part of it pink with beetroot juice.
– I used sliced beetroot for the eyes and noses
– I used wholemeal spaghetti for the tails
– I made the stars from cheese
1. I mixed some mash with beetroot juice to make it pink then pushed it into a cookie cutter.
2. Then I made two more.
3. I fashioned some wings from regular mash.
4. Before giving them some back wings too.
5. I used some spaghetti to give them little tails.
6. Then cut some eyes from beetroot.
7. And used more to make noses (snouts?).
8. As they are flying high they needed some cheese stars!
9. It’s true, pigs can fly …..
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small