Ice Cream Sandwich
I was asked to put together a creative plate using bread … and thought of an ice cream sandwich but not the sweet kind!
I’ve used some bread, cheese and veggies to make a fun food cone. My boys thought it looked really appetising and couldn’t wait to share.
– Wholegrain bread
– Grated cheese
– Roasted beetroot
– Cherry tomato
1. Cut the bread into a cone shape. I went for a double cone!
2. I used a small dish to slice around to make the bread “scoops”.
3. And added a smear of butter and some cheese detail.
4. Then cut the beetroot scoop using the same dish for size.
5. But realised that the cucumber wasn’t as large so cut the beetroot smaller.
6. I added grated cheese to the top.
7. And what ice cream would be complete without a cherry … tomato!
8. I used a carrot stick for a flake.
9. But then thought that it would look better with smaller bread circles so changed those!!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small