Ahhh, my witch is late for Halloween!!
This fun food dessert is easy to put together and great to eat. Cute cat meets cartoon witch on a dubious banana broomstick …. or get creative and use some different fruits.
– Banana for broomstick but could cut from apple/pear/melon
– Apple cat and witch. Could use pear or melon too.
– Strawberry eye (any contrasting colour fruit would do)
– Moon (yoghurt). I actually used banana to start with but it looked better being very white.
1. Cut two slices of banana to make the broom handle.
2. Then make a brush end by scoring some lines into a piece of banana.
3. Cut an oval for the cat’s body from the flesh of an apple.
And a circle for the head.
4. Give her apple ears and an ostentatious tail.
5. Then some arms.
6. I made a moon from a circle cut from the banana but changed it later as it needed to be more “white” for contrast.
7. I used the outer part of a green apple to cut eyes, nose/mouth and whiskers.
8. Then it was time for the witch, also cut from green apple.
9. The witch was very roughly cut as she is supposed to cartoony! So I cut a crones face.
10. Then gave her a strawberry eye.
11. And a triangular hat.
12. Then some legs and feet.
13. And an arm to hold onto the broomstick.
14. With a cape flying behind her.
15. Then I added a yoghurt moon and some coconut stars and she was good enough to eat ….
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.