Giant Salad Flower
I’ve had this design in my head for a while just bursting to come out, then finally an opportunity. A friend had invited us to a bring a plate BBQ so crudites and dip seemed perfect.
Here’s my fun food, Giant Salad Flower.
– Cherry tomatoes
– Dip (I used hummus)
1. Slice the cucumber into discs then arrange in a circle with a hollow centre.
2. Then add another layer on top.
3. Use pieces cut in half to fill in the gaps.
4. And fill the centre with cherry tomatoes (slice the ends off so they don’t roll).
5. I realized that I needed more room so shifted it up.
6. Create grass from batons of carrot.
7. Then stems from sticks of celery.
8. Sliced radishes made thorns/buds/leaves??
9. I happened to have a cake mould in the shape of a butterfly so used it for a dip holder.
10. A bit of detail on the butterfly and it’s ready to eat.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small