Ahhhhh, had a terrible mother moment and realised I’d forgotten to make a share plate for Joe to take to a social occasion and had literally 10 mins to rectify my “unmotherliness”.
Apologise for the quality of the photos as it was a mad dash from start to finish.
Here’s my fun food, share plate, a Pineapple Porcupine (and yes he was appreciated, devoured and finished!) phew, I am redeemed.
– Pineapple (I used fresh but tinned would work)
– Red Apple (or pear/melon/stone fruit)
– Plum (or just use more apple)
1. Chop the pineapple and start to build the body.
2. Add more pineapple and form an oval-ish shape.
3. Pile on a second layer.
4. Use cocktail sticks as the spines and for ease of eating.
5. Cut the red apple to form the head and ears.
6. And use more for the feet.
7. Add pupils from dark plum.
8. Then slice a circle of plum for the nose.
9. And he’s ready to serve.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small