I have Karen to thank for the inspiration for this design. I had been lamenting my need for more “girly” stuff and she said to me that curly lettuce looks like a frilly skirt -and it so does!
This very simple, fun food way to present salad will bring out the fashionista in all of us (even the boys were impressed).
I want to dedicate the plate to Iley and Sanna and lots of salads this coming summer.
– Lettuce (with frilly leaves!!)
– Small tomato
1. Pull off a piece of lettuce for the skirt.
2. Cut a bodice from the cucumber.
3. Make some arm bracelets.
And a bow for the waist from cucumber.
4. Then some cucumber shoes.
And a necklace.
5. Add tomato bows and jewels and salad glam is ready to strut …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.