I’m on a bit of a roll with the strawberry designing at the moment. Not sure why but keep thinking of different fun food plates I just have to make.
Here are my cute and simple strawberry mice.
I used blueberries for the tails but you could just as easily make them from thinly sliced apple or even seeds like sunflower.
– Strawberries. Bigger are easier to work with. I only had one with a pointy end (for a nose shape) so sliced the other two into shape. It was not uber perfect but they still looked cute!!
– Blueberries – for noses, eyes and tails
– Almond flakes – for ears
– Apple – for the cheese (could use any larger fruit)
1. Cut the strawberry top off and if it doesn’t have a “pointy” end then slice into shape.
2. I made a little hole and stuck half a blueberry in for the nose.
3. Then did the same for the eyes.
4. And made two incisions for the ears and inserted flaked almonds.
5. Then I cut more blueberries in half to make the tails (tapering at the end).
6. I sliced an apple quite thickly and then made into a triangle. I then cut little holes to give the impression of a holey cheese.
7. And there they were my strawberry mice ….
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.