We live so close to one of the most amazing harbours in the world (not biased at all). The water is beautifully clean and we even get orcas swimming right next to the CBD. Even in winter people escape from their offices during lunchtime for a dip in the harbour – BRRRRRRRRRRR. So we also get to see lots of boats.
This is my simple, fun food pineapple boat inspired by our shining blue water.
– Fresh pineapple (tinned would work with more cutting).
– Grapes – I used dark and green for contrast
– Blueberries. Wrong season for us so I used fresh ones I froze in the summer.
1. Cut a hull for the boat. I realised that it looked too shallow so added some extra bits.
Pineapple is very forgiving and extra bits merge almost seamlessly!
2. This gives the completed hull.
3. Add a mast
4. Then I cut the grapes in half and pushed them into a triangular shape to make a sail.
5. Then did the same for the green grapes and made a slightly smaller sail for the other side.
6. And no boat would be complete without a flag.
7. Then some blueberries for the sea.
8. Sail into dessert …
Or what a fabulous share plate.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small..