Summer fruit and veggies are coming to the end for us so am making the most of the last available like avocadoes. Boys are on school holidays so wanted a simple salad design for lunch. Joe requested a bird and I thought it might encourage Max to eat some (one of the few veggies he’s not keen on). Soooo, here’s a very quick and easy fun food plate.
I changed half way through as the tail was too heavy!
– Olive for eye
– Cottage cheese for clouds
1. Slice two pieces of avocado for the wings. I used my knife to score “feathers”.
2. Then I added a head.
3. And a body.
4. Cutting a beak from carrot.
5. I initially tried a tail from celery but it’s too heavy.
6. Then I made some long legs from carrot.
7. And an eye from a piece of olive.
8. Before swapping the tail for an avocado one and adding some cottage cheese clouds.
Fly into a snack or a light lunch ….
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small