I had some lovely black grapes I wanted to use in a design and raccoons with their iconic bandit faces and stripey tails just jumped out at me (and way easier than zebra!!).
Here’s my fun food raccoon using just pear and grapes.
– Brown pear
– Black grapes
1. Cut a head shape from the pear.
2. Before adding ears and snout.
3. Then I used the cheek from the pear to make the body as it was the perfect shape. Just sliced out some legs and cut an indent for the head!
4. And of course he needed a big, fluffy, pear tail too.
5. Next I gave him the bandit mask, cut from a grape.
6. More grapes for paws and nose.
7. Then the stripes for the tail and detail on the ears.
8. Adding pupils to the eyes with both pear and grape.
9. Instead of a garbage can I was kind and gave him a pear rock … and crescent moon.
10. And I thought I was finished but he needed some back legs too.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small