I found some lovely, black skinned plums at the market and thought of pirates!
Using a plum and a green pear I put together a fun food fruit plate, great for a snack or a dessert.
– Pear (or apple)
– Honeydew Melon (or other melon)
– Sunflower seeds
1. Slice the pear in half and then cut off the central seedy bit. Use the inner part of the cheek.
2. Add some melon for the bandana.
3. Then cut the cheek of the plum into the shape of a patch.
4. Add some more melon for the additional material of the bandana.
5. Use plum for the eye patch straps.
6. Then make an eye from pear and a pupil from more plum.
8. I then cut a simple skull and crossbones from plum skin.
9. Gave him a sunflower seed beard.
10. Ahoy mateys!!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small