We were having a bit of a celebration so I decided to make a fun food little “cake” and served it to four boys. It lasted about the same time as it took me to get my camera ready ….
I made some buckwheat pancake batter then cooked them individually in egg rings to make small circles. These were then stacked and layered with fruit and yoghurt. A big hit and a great alternative to a traditional cake – especially as there is no sugar but loads of colour, flavour and of course you can make to personal specifications!
– Pancakes (I used buckwheat)
– Yoghurt (or coconut cream)
– Fruit – I used strawberries and blueberries
– Mint leaves to decorate
1. Make the pancakes into any shape you wish. I used an egg ring to create small circles.
2. Add a layer of yoghurt.
3. Then some strawberries.
4. And another pancake.
5. Then more yoghurt and strawberries.
6. Until the stack is completed.
7. Add fruit to the top for decoration.
8. A few mint leaves to pretty it up and it’s ready to eat.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small