Jelly Orange Cups
My boys haven’t eaten jelly/jello before so are excited to try. I don’t buy the store bought as it’s either full of sugar or sweeteners so decided to experiment making my own. My husband reckons it contained too much fruit to be a true “jelly” but it tasted fabulous and you can of course alter the ratio of fruit to liquid.
Check out the video of us making it:
Then the boys road testing it:
– Other fruit
– I added nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla
– Blueberries to decorate
1. I cut the orange in half and scooped out all the flesh.
2. I combined the orange flesh with a sweet nectarine (any sweet fruit will work) and a little water. I added some spices and simmered on the stove-top until pulpy.
3. Allow the mixture to cool then add some gelatin to enable it to set.
4. Spoon into the orange cups and place in the fridge until ready.
The boys thought it tasted delicious. It would make a fun food, healthy party or picnic dessert. You can of course customise with any fruit that’s in season (and set in a cored out apple or melon) and then decorate with berries or nuts.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small