I admit that I find it very difficult to look at round veggies and not think of wheels! This time I gave in to the obsession and created a simple toast truck. It’d be just as good untoasted too!!
– Mushrooms (lightly cooked whole – or can leave raw!!)
– Wholegrain bread
– Cheese for the windows (I used Edam)
– Tomato for brakelight (optional)
– I separated an egg and used for headlight and load
– Spinach for the road
1. I lined up the mushrooms for wheels.
2. Then put the toast over the top so I could figure out where to cut the wheel arches.
3. And then cut the semi-circles out.
4. Before cutting a rough body shape for the truck.
5. Then used cheese to make some windows.
6. I sliced a little from a tomato to make the brake light.
7. And utilised the cooked egg yolk for the headlight and added a cheese door handle.
8. The white of the egg was used for the load.
9. Before adding a bumpy, spinach road.
10. And then I thought the windows would look better less solid so cut out the centres.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small